The dress was really a two part thing. The main dress and then a slip dress that had a ruffle on it that would show out the bottom of the first dress. Well, when I got the first dress done, I was so excited and I couldn't wait for Lillie to try it on. But.... I had forgotten that she hates clothes that have anything by her neck, such as a turtle neck or a collar. This dress has a collar....

She graciously tried it on...but you can tell by the look on her face that she was not happy about it. She kept saying how silly is was with 'this thing on it'. Meaning the collar. I told her it was super cute and that I thought she was so pretty in it. But she DID NOT like it. So I told her we would just have to give it to her cousin Emily. Of course she was sure that Emily wouldn't like it either=) So after being super disappointed about her not liking it I decided to go ahead and finish the slip dress so that Emily could have it to wear under her dress.
Well, when Lillie saw the finished product of the slip dress with the ruffle and everything she LOVED it! I let her try it on and told her to just try on the other dress over it to see what it looked it. I guess that did it! She now loves BOTH dresses!
This is her posing with both dresses on. You can't see the detail very well but you can kind of see the ruffle coming out from under the dress. I thought she just looked so cute in it! I want to have her pictures taken in it out on the farm here!
Here is just the slip dress that she liked. She told me that she only likes the other dress if she wears this one under it. Not by itself=)
Maybe we'll have to go ahead and make Emily a matching dress so they can both have one!
Awe so cute! I love it! She looks so cute in it!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I wish I could sew! Should have paid more attention in Home Ec! The dress is super adorable! And she looks super cute in it!
ReplyDeleteI love it! That dress is adorable - or maybe it's the kid in it... :) I also love the way you tell the story; I don't even know Lillie and I can see her saying all of that.
ReplyDelete-Megan