Saturday, June 27, 2009

Playing in the wheat









Here are some fun pictures of the kids playing in the wheat! Other years they got to play in the grain truck when Grandpa Stucky was still farming because his grain trucks were still the old grain trucks. This is the first year that he isn't farming so I wasn't sure if the kids would be able to play in the wheat since Gary and Matt only use semis to haul their wheat. Well, I was so happy to learn that for Diane's business, Kansas Country Blessings, they would still need to get some of Matt's wheat for their flour. So Matt put some wheat onto the old grain truck so they could fill their barrels from there like they always have! The kids thought it was great fun! And to be honest I liked it too=) The wheat feels so funny between your toes! And there is just something about wheat harvest that is so special!

Titus was having so much fun just flopping belly down into the wheat! They were all itchy when they were done. But definitely worth it!

I didn't roll around in the wheat but I got my feet in=)

No comments:

Post a Comment