They liked sitting on all the John Deere tractors and mowers and things.
And of course they wanted to ride the little train but they had to settle for just watching=) That was still fun for them though. They ate their 'banquet on a stick' and waved at the people as they rode by.
Whenever we went to fair growing up, they only 'ride' we were ever allowed to ride was the giant slide. Lillie saw it and thought it looked fun so we rode that. Lillie and I rode first, then Matt and Titus rode. Lillie kind of had a scared little quiet scream as we would go over eat bump in the slide but when we got to the end she was like 'Oh, that WAS fun'! Then after Titus saw Lillie do it he wanted to too. So Matt went with him. It was pretty cute!
And of course they both got a little cranky by the time we were done. Lillie mostly because she was mad we wouldn't let her ride the rides. We made the mistake of taking her by the ferris wheel to look at it and she saw all the other rides. She said "Oh! I want to ride the tea cups and the horses, and I want to ride EVERYTHING!" As she is looking at everything and waving her hands around in excitement. Poor girl was so sad she didn't get to. At one point she came over to me and as she counted off with her fingers she said "I'm too tired, I'm too hungry, I'm too thirsty" What a silly girl.
And here is how Zethan hung out most of the time. He sat in the stroller a little bit but he really preferred to be held so he sat in his little pouch and held onto my arm. It felt to him like I was carrying him but the sling saved my arms from getting tired. I couldn't even count how many people saw him sitting in this and said "Oh, look at that cute little baby." I think they just hadn't seen a sling like this too much and he was just so cozy sitting in the little pouch!When I was taking it off to go on the slide with Lillie, I tried to put it on Matt so he could hold Zethan. Matt was like "Are you kidding me? Do I really have to wear that?" Fortunately for him it was too small anyway so he didn't have to. Some dads wear their babies!? Right?
And of course we looked at the animals and everything too. I didn't get the camera out as much as I wanted but thats okay. My favorite part of the fair is probably the birthing center. I love seeing all the newborn animals and everything! The sweet baby lambs were so cute! And I can never get over how BIG the mama Holsteins are! They are HUGE!
Anyway, we had fun and the kids got worn out. They slept pretty soundly on the way home. I asked if they had fun and Titus answered with a big "YA!" But Lillie said she didn't because she didn't ride any rides. But I think she really did have fun=)
We're not going to make it to the fair this year. I'm jealous of the kids and their pronto pups. I LOVE those.
ReplyDeletehow fun! the slide was ALWAYS our favorite ride too =) so glad you got to go! poor lillie... ha, she is getting more brave i guess!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete