
Most of you probably already knew Titus is ornery. Or probably the correct term should be just plain naughty.
Lillie came downstairs a little bit ago and said,
"Titus is making a big mess in your sewing room!!!"
(Just maybe an hour or two ago I had told them they were NOT to play in any room upstairs except their own. Not my sewing room and not the storage room. Only their room. I even brought out some toys that had been put away for awhile.)
Oh great, I'm thinking to myself. I just hope he didn't ruin anything I was working on. But I was prepared to find the worst.
He must have heard me coming because he wasn't in there when I got up to the room. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, just some thread strewn across the floor, some fabric out, a few things misplaced.
I called him into the room and asked him, "Who made this mess?"
He so sweetly replied, "Nobuddy." (His baby talk accent it pretty cute though)
"Titus, WHO made this mess?"
"Nobuddy"
"Titus, tell me who made this mess"
"Nobuddy"
By this time, his sweet innocent face was making it very hard for me not to laugh. I only cracked a little smile, but he still saw me, so I had to regain my composure quickly and ask him again.
"Titus, somebody made this mess, who was it?"
"Iyie"
"No Titus, it wasn't Lillie. Who was it?"
He'd been cornered, his shoulders slumped a little, he answered "Me" with a sad little face now.
I made him pick everything up and sent him to his bed. It was really his nap time anyway.
That's so, so adorable. Good thing I'm not a parent yet, because I wouldn't be able to discipline that sweet little face.
ReplyDelete