Sometimes I get so caught up in all the different everyday things of life. Not that I have anything even close to being major stressful but you know those days when the kids just seem to get into everything- like filling the toilet full of toilet paper-3 times, or the baby is fussy and won't let you get anything done because he would rather be held and for the last few nights has been waking up to eat every 2 hours(starting the night after you posted he was on a good sleep schedule), or the bills that come are more than you thought they would be or the calves are bawling to be fed and you don't really want to get your work clothes and boots on to go bottle feed them... and so on and so on. You know just the everyday little things that just rub you wrong even though they are so minor in the scheme of things that there is no reason for you to be upset about them.
Well, unexpectedly, today has been filled with little minor HAPPY things. They all kind of caught me off guard. Like God is just reminding me of His presence. And that He cares for us, even in the little things.
First of all Lillie's cousin Emily gets to play at our house today. They have such fun together. And I love having her over.
I got a new CD. Tenth Avenue North. I really like their songs. Matt's cousin KaLisa sang one of their songs in church a few weeks ago and ever since then it has been one of my favorite songs on the radio. She is a talented singer! And she is only a freshman.
I just saw the post my aunt Karla in Idaho had about a crocheted dog she made. And it is for my kids! I know it sounds like a funny thing to get so excited about but it is adorable and it was so unexpected to see that she had finished it and how CUTE it is! And it is fun to be connected to family so far away even in little things like a crocheted toy.
I got an embroidery machine a few weeks back and had been getting a little frustrated with it. Partly because I couldn't figure out the little quirks and partly because I couldn't find designs that were very modern. I could find some pretty cute kids designs but not too much that was modern/contemporary. BUT, on Etsy, I just found a few designs that are just what I was looking for.
Life is full of surprises. Some good ones, some bad ones. But I love it when there are lots of little unexpected fun things! So, sorry this post doesn't have any pictures and it is kind of random but I just had to share my excitement. Even though they are just little things=)
I hope your day is filled with unexpected things-of the good, fun, happy, joyful variety!!
I popped over to you Aunts blog to see your new puppy☺ How cute!
ReplyDeleteThat puppy is MINE!!!! LOL jk mom said she would think about making me one lol hope ya'll have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Your post is so very true...I was just thinking that exact thing today! It is nice to see God in the small things.
ReplyDeleteAwww... I'm glad I could add to your "happy" list. I'll try to get the doggy in mail very soon.
ReplyDeleteI call happy little things like this "serendipitous"... (just 'cause I like that word!) And God is so good to bring little blessings into our lives to encourage us when we need it most.