Friday, September 4, 2009

Sunflowers and Silly Kids

Just a couple of weeks ago we noticed that out past our back field and over the rail road tracks it looked like the field was completely yellow. A very pretty bright yellow! So we had to drive over there and check it out. It was a sunflower field! As Kobe and Konnor pointed out- "A whole field of them"
One of them said "Dad used to grow sunflowers".
To which the other one replied "Yeah, but not THAT many!"
Kobe and Konnor and Kimalee came over last Friday to help bottle feed the calves and then they ended up spending the night. When I took them home I took them past the sunflower field. They were pretty impressed as you can tell.
And of course it had to be the huge leaves that impressed them the most. They all wanted their picture with their leaf=) This is Kobe.

That is Konnor behind that leaf and Kimalee laughing and Lillie looking mad. She wasn't in a very good mood that morning.

Here is all the kiddos posing by the flowers. Each with a leaf in their hand. I didn't let them pick the flowers much to their chagrin.

I really like this picture with the blue sky and puffy white clouds!


And Kobe wanted to use the camera so I let him take a picture of me=) I included it so you all can make sure and get your daily laugh in=)

It was a lot of fun showing them the field. It is a pretty simple thing yet they thought it was so cool. Well, I thought it was so cool too!

And back to them helping with the calves:
They really liked helping Matt feed the calves while they were over. They got to help in the evening and then again in the morning. We all got some good laughs from watching them. The calves that haven't been fed yet, or are already done and just want more, like to try and suck on whatever they can. They kept trying to suck on the boys' arms or shirts and the boys didn't quite know what to think of that. Kobe thought it pretty funny that the calf thought he was his momma (ya know, since he was the one feeding it milk and all). And they learned by trial and error that boys probably shouldn't hold the bottle a certain way because the calf can buck its head pretty hard while it is eating! Oh man, THAT was funny! Especially since it took them a few times to figure out a better way to hold it. Well, actually, I'm not sure they ever figured it out=) Maybe you had to be there to see the boys' reaction but we were laughing so hard!
They all also liked the kittens we have. Konnor was convinced that one of them wanted to go home with him.
We always have fun and make good memories while they are over! As a saying that I recently found goes:
Home is where the best memories are harvested.


2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you! And you know I definitely love the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics-Just love sunflowers! I will have to remember the last phrase-Home is where the best memories are harvested. It would help me keep my perspective of making sure our kids have good memories (not Mama getting upset with them over messes they have made.☺)

    ReplyDelete