Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet Baby Fingerprint of God

Fingerprint Friday is hosted by PamperingBeki and she is so good at reminding us to look all around us and see what God has made and to remember how blessed we are to be able to have such a magnificent God.

This week I wanted to recognize my sweet baby boy Zethan Matthew as one of the many fingerprints of God. He is just a few days past 5 months and he is just growing so much. God has blessed us greatly with a very fun, calm and almost always happy 3rd baby. He is always making us smile and he fits into our family so well. Almost since he was born I have said how much it seems like he just slid right into our family and fit so perfectly.
He is really people person and loves to have attention. He is even a little silly sometimes. I recently caught him chewing on this thing and it made me laugh and laugh. And he got this thing into his mouth like that without any help from older siblings. They were off playing with something else. I thought it was so funny. It is that foam type stuff so it must have felt squishy on his gums. I think he is in the early stages of teething. Uh Oh!

And he is learning every day! Last night he was doing push ups! Ha! Instead of pulling his knees into a crawling position he would go up on his toes and hands. It is kind of hard to tell in the picture but he is only up in his little toes and little hands. He kind of scoots around backward (not really on purpose) and he can go in a complete circle. And yes, I know his eyes look goofy=) We have an appointment next week with a pediatric eye doctor to get them checked out. Our regular doctor thinks they are probably fine but just wants to make sure=) We may have a baby pirate on our hands if he has to wear an eye patch to correct them=)

And while I am talking about eyes, he has his Daddy's blue eyes! Lillie and Titus have brown eyes like me. But so far Zethan has blue eyes. I think everybody on the Stucky side (except the Lettau grandkids-they have brown eyes!) have blue eyes, I think. Maybe some greens or hazels, but not brown. It is so interesting how all the different genes work out in families. Sorry that was kind of a bunny trail=)

And like I said before, he is just a happy baby. He really does bring so much joy to our family. Lillie gets worried if she thinks we might accidentally leave him somewhere and she is so excited when she sees him if she has been gone. And I know Titus loves his baby brother too, even if he shows it by pinching or rocking him too much=)

He has got into a pretty good sleeping habit too. He goes to bed around 9:30 and sleeps anywhere from about 5:00-6:00 and wakes up to eat then goes back to sleep for a couple more hours. Can't really complain about that!

I know that God has blessed us so much to have a healthy baby boy and I thank Him everyday for our kids. I pray that Matt and I will raise our children to love the Lord and to serve Him in all they do and that they will continually notice all the fingerprints of God.


4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! He is already showing so much personality! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of him up on his toes! Such a strong boy!

    I looked down at your previous post too. Bet that applesauce tastes good! There's nothing like homemade.

    Blessings to you and your family on this Fingerprint Friday.

    ReplyDelete