Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweet Summer Time Haircut

After growing my hair out for several years I decided that it was time for a BIG change. Having kids and a husband to take care of, I never seemed to have time to do my hair or make it look nice. I don't have overly thick hair but I have a lot of hair so it would always seemed to take FOREVER to blow it dry. And in this summer heat who wants to stand there for 15 minutes blowing hot air on yourself! I looked through lots of hair magazines and pictures to find just the cut I would like. It has been since my early high school days that I have had really short hair so I wasn't sure exactly how I would feel about it. But I knew I wanted something simple and fun! Matt liked my long hair though so he wasn't sure if he really wanted to let me cut it. But being the loving husband that he is, he said that if I wanted to then it was okay with him. I reminded him after all, that when he first fell in love with me I had short hair=) He couldn't argue with that=)
So, here is a picture of my new haircut! I absolutely love it! (For some reason I couldn't get a good picture of it from the front. It always looked silly.) So I guess for now, a back picture is all you get! It is such a fun and easy and summery cut. I don't have to spend 5+ minutes trying to comb it out after I wash it. I only need 5 seconds! It's wonderful! Matt even really likes how it looks. After all that worrying that he didn't want me to cut off my long hair=) It is also the perfect cut for our vacation coming up! Hot summer days on the lake! Awesome!

5 comments:

  1. looks cute! have fun on your trip, it sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, I absolutely LOVE your hair!! And also, the kiddos are so lucky to have those Barbie cars...I DREAMED of having one of those when I was little. :-) Glad to see you all are having so much fun!

    Tiff-Mo-Miff

    ReplyDelete