We just got to the lake and are just getting ready to swim. Lillie could hardly hold still to get her picture taken and Ty Ty (as he calls himself) wouldn't look at the camera.
Titus is trying to figure out what to do=) His little lips were just quivering when he came out of the water. It wasn't cold at all but I guess it felt like it when he was all wet!
And here is about the best picture I got of Zethan in his little sun hat. I saw it at The Children's Place and thought it was so cute and just perfect for him to wear while we are out! I couldn't take it very well trying to hold the camera myself and every time I put him on the towel to take it he just cried. He was a little tired. At least he fell asleep a few minutes later and didn't really wake up until after we got home!
Here is Matt playing with Lillie. She just absolutely loves the water. She could just stay out there and swim all day long if we would let her. We had her wear her life jacket for most of the time but she did try to swim without it. She could paddle her little arms and legs just enough to keep her nose out of the water but not for very long. She still liked to kind of go out farther without the lifejacket and it was making me nervous so I had her put it back on! She just loves swimming so she didn't mind too much.
There is Matt helping Titus. He is a little more skittish of the water. He would go out a little ways but not too far. We had to watch him so closely because he would lose his balance and fall face first into the water and not be able to get back up. Even in the water that was only up to his thighs he could easily drown in because he couldn't figure out how to get back up if he fell. Yikes!
I held Zethan for awhile while Matt played with Lillie and Titus. I still stood in the water to stay cool and so I could help with Titus if he fell. Then after awhile Matt held Zethan so I could swim with the kids. We still had to really make sure that each of us watching one of the older kids because Lillie likes to go far out and Titus can't swim even with his life jacket.
There is Titus and his ornery grin. After we were there for a while he got a little more brave and liked to run into the water.
I was trying to get a picture of Lillie running and jumping into the water but it didn't work very well. There is Titus in the background trying to copy Lillie!We really had a great time. It was Matt's idea for all of us to go out there and swim so that was so sweet of him to think of it! Lillie was disappointed though that there weren't "seashells" at this beach. Her Grammy and Papa and all the kids just got back from California and brought shells back with them so I guess she thought that we would be able to get some from this swimming beach. I guess we'll just have to take a trip to California=) I wish=)
No comments:
Post a Comment