Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Wedding


Matt stood up in a friend's wedding this past weekend and we got to make a weekend of it! My sister Krista kept the boys for two nights for us! Thank you! And Lillie stayed with her grandma and Papa the first night and then rode up with them for the wedding. She LOVES anything to do with weddings! That first picture above is when Lillie finally got to see daddy after being away the night before. She was so excited to see him all dressed up =)

They had a dance at their reception and that was the first time we had been to a wedding with a dance and Lillie was very intrigued. She REALLY REALLY wanted to have a dance with her daddy! They swayed together for one song and then we just let Lillie hang out on the dance floor while we watched. I think she picked up the chicken dance pretty quickly =)

They stopped for a little to get a picture. Lillie already looks so tired in this picture but she kept going strong all the way even back to our hotel that night and we didn't get back until midnight! She very much enjoyed herself! We all had a good time and it was fun to get away without the kids for at least a night!

The Hotel we stayed in had a pool so we let Lillie swim that next morning and then we ate breakfast at Panera. Her daddy let her choose a brownie for her breakfast. She got halfway through it and then wanted a plain bagel so I let her get one. I didn't think she would eat much of it but she polished off the WHOLE bagel! She was one hungry girl =) I guess all that dancing and swimming really worked up her appetite =)

Then we got back early afternoon today and I went to pick up the boys from Krista's. I was very happy to see them! They had had a good time! And now we are home just chillin, doing laundry from the weekend and some dishes I didn't get done before we left. Zethan is back to being my constant sidekick. And Matt is back in the wheat field helping bring in the harvest. I loved getting away but I also love the life we have here at home! The kids are already anxious to ride in the combine!

1 comment:

  1. ok how cute is she?!?! She is just such a beauty! She really looks like you in one of those pics! Glad you got to get away for at least one nite!!

    ReplyDelete