
This is the project I have been working on today! A Butterfly Chandelier for Lillie's new room! I am so excited about finally getting to decorate a girl's room again!
I just want to start out by saying though, that I used this DIY tutorial for this project. I am in no way trying to take credit for coming up with this idea!
I just changed things a tiny bit. I found a big embroidery hoop at Goodwill so just used that. It was only a 14" instead of an 18". But that's okay!
Then I took some fabric and ripped it into strips. I used a solid aqua color and a pink stripe fabric the same as the curtains in her room.
After I got a big pile I cut them into about 10" pieces.
Then started tying them onto the hoop. I put the wire on the hoop before I started tying.
Almost done with the tying! I just tied a regular old knot on there.
Then I punched out the butterflys. I did about 100 of the light pink color and about 60 of the white butterflies.
I used some left over ties for the "hangers" of the chandelier. Then I hooked it on to my ironing board while I strung the butterflies and tied each string on as I went. (Like the tutorial shows to do).
And I would have taken a picture of stringing the butterflies but I kind of had my hands full =)
So here is my finished product! The pictures really don't show it very well, but I think it turned out very cute!
I am loving how Lillie's room is coming together. I will do a post on that when it is all done and put together!
so cute! you did a great job!
ReplyDeletei always wonder how people keep things like that clean?
Agreed. You did a great job! I love it! I'm wondering how I could do something like that in my own room...maybe with birds instead of butterflies? Hmmm...things are happening. Ideas are coming. The wheels are turning. :-)
ReplyDelete