Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kindergarten Promotion


Lillie had her last day of school today. All the little kindergarten kids were so cute! They all stood in line as they waited for their name to be called.

Then their teacher would do this fun little pinky shake, fist bump and then give them a hug. But Lillie would only go for the hug. Silly girl.

All the kids lined up with their awards. Each of their certificates had a character trait award on them. She didn't announce them all aloud, but Lillie's was for Joyfulness. I thought that was very special for her.

Lillie and Mrs. Burkart. She was a super great teacher for Lillie and I know that Lillie will miss her and all of her friends over the summer. We'll have to schedule some play dates!

Also, for a fun little treat for Lillie's last day of school I let her ride her bike to school. Titus and I each rode our bikes along with her. But Titus still has training wheels so it is kind of rough going on those dirt roads. I told Lillie that if she wanted she could just go on ahead so she wouldn't be late. She got to school in probably 15 or 20 minutes. (Titus and I took about 40)

Titus was ready for a break by the time we got to the edge of town and didn't want to go those next 3 or 4 blocks to the school. So I told him he could stay at Grandma & Grandpa Stucky's house while I went to make sure that Lillie actually made it to school. So he pulled up into their driveway (they live right on the end of town) and I kept going with Zethan in his bike seat behind me. Lillie had made it to school and I saw her little bike parked in the bike rack. So I headed back to pick Titus up. He was inside happily eating marshmallows and playing. He didn't really want to make the trip all the way back home so I told him I would ride back and then pick him up in the Tahoe when we came back to school for Lillie's promotion. As I went back outside, Grandma came out with me and told me that she didn't know how long Titus had been waiting outside at their house, but she had gone outside to do something and heard crying in the front yard, and there was Titus just looking back and forth and crying. I guess he didn't realize I meant he could go IN their house.
Just as she was telling me this, then Titus came out and I asked him why he was so sad when he got there. He said it was because he thought I was never coming back! Oh, poor little boy! I felt so bad. I never even heard him crying or thought twice about him not just going up to the door and ringing the door bell! I told him I was going to check on Lillie and would be right back but he must not have heard or understood me!
But all was made right with a few marshmallows and games =)
And I have another little post coming up with pictures from a little party we had for Lillie this evening to celebrate her last day of school!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Lillie!!
    Poor Ty :) I'm sure marshmallows did the trick!

    ReplyDelete