That is Konnor by the giant tortoises. He wanted his picture taken EVERYWHERE!
And Lillie got this new little notebook for her birthday from her Aunt Nattie and she wanted to draw all the animals that we saw. So she would plunk right down and draw them as best she could. It was pretty cute!
And we actually got to see the hippos! We were all pretty excited about that. We don't usually see them for some reason.
There is everyone looking at the hippos. We went with Krista and her three kids (the newest one being just a couple of weeks old!) Plus Konnor and Kimalee came along!
Konnor confiscated my camera so he kept telling me to pose. Here I am with Titus and then holding Caden's hand.
And Konnor tried to get a few self portraits in. He was trying to get a picture with a mini wart hog statue.
All the boys by the tiger statue.
Another of Konnor's pictures. The sleeping Tiger.
And this is how Lillie rode a lot of the day. She was having some leg problems today =) Haha! She fell asleep last night with both legs hanging up over her bed safety rail. And apparently she spent most if not all the night that way. This morning it took an hour or two for her to even really be able to stand up and walk. I was a little worried actually but they weren't black or blue or anything. But throughout today she has still complained that they hurt. I guess they are just sore.And Kimalee actually liked pulling the wagon! Which was a bonus because it would get heavy pulling Lillie in it! But little Kimalee didn't seem to mind at all!If I asked her if she was tired of pulling it she would say it was getting heavy but then she just kept pulling it! It was a HUGE help!
And posing again for Konnor. This time by his favorite- the giraffe. We actually got there just in time for him to go up on the tall platform and feed the giraffes. It was pretty cool to go up there and see the giraffes face to face like that! They are quite the amazing animal!I really love going to the zoo with the kids and seeing all the animals and learning about new ones. Or learning new facts about animals I already knew about. Such as: tigers are the biggest cat. I thought lions were bigger than tigers but I guess I was wrong!
And I really like the amphibian and reptile building. Looking in each glass container and trying to find the animal that belongs in there. And then seeing the snakes (behind glass of course) and all the different kinds there are. There was one in there that I don't remember ever looking at before that was so cool and weird. If I remember right it was a viper. But it's head was like a triangle and then it has this big fat body and the colors were almost like leaves all over it. It was pretty neat. Can't say that I would like to encounter it out in the yard somewhere but behind the glass it is interesting. And the anaconda! It is so HUGE! It is just amazing! Okay, wow, that is enough about snakes...
So we had a good time and it was a great day for it!
The reptile house is my LEAST favorite part of the zoo! :) Looks like a fun day.
ReplyDeletelooks like so much fun and that is a precious photo of lillie drawing the animals! how cute!
ReplyDelete