Sunday, September 26, 2010

Update for Lillie


Just a quick little update on Lillie. Nothing has really changed. She is still just sitting on the couch watching netflix. Thank goodness for netflix. That spot she is sitting in has become "her spot".

We had a Sunday School party last night but my mom came over a little before we needed to leave and offered to stay with Lillie, so Lillie was very thankful for that. She had been wavering back and forth whether or not she wanted to go with us. It was at her aunt Natalie's so I knew she would have a place to lay down and everything, but I told her that if she didn't want to go that I would stay home with her. But she still couldn't decide what she wanted to do. But then when her Grammy offered to stay, Lillie was all over that. She was staying home =) This morning when I gave her a bowl of apple jacks, I sat it beside her but then she asked me to hold it for her while she ate because "that's what Grammy did."

Grammy brought her some goodies while she visited. A fun unicorn pillow pal and a sticker book and some snacks. Although poor Titus, asked, "Did you bring anything for me?" But of course Grammy came through and had brought popsicles, so he was happy! Kimalee had come with my mom too to visit Lillie. I guess all the kids were pretty worried about Lillie. One of them said that Lillie was too young to have a broken arm =) Also while my mom was here we figured out why Lillie was insistent that she had NOT broken her arm at first. She thought that since her arm wasn't completely detached that is was not broken. She didn't know that we were talking about the bones inside.

On Fridays at school the kids get to check out library books. As it turns out, Lillie happened to check out Berenstain Bears books and one was about going to the doctor and the other one was about being healthy but it had pictures of the "inside" of the body. Like X-rays and the muscles and bones and things. It was kind of cool to see that when I pulled them out of her bag to read to her last night. So I showed her the bones that broke inside her arm and talked about how a tree branch breaks and that is what her bones did. But I explained to her that God designed our bodies so amazing that our bones can heal and grow back together. I think the more I explained about what happened the better she felt about it. Sometimes I think that if I cover over things that will be better (and to a point it is). But I think kids are able to understand more than we think they can.

She slept okay. I brought an extra mattress down so she could sleep in the living room comfortably. She kind of had a hard time going to sleep. She kept wanting me to hold her hand. Finally she said, "You can go out now." But she kept waking up pretty frequently saying that her arm hurt. And she is so stubborn about taking medicine. She hates how it tastes so I have to really really coax her to take it but in the middle of the night she was not to be reasoned with. Finally about 3am she figured out how to turn just slightly onto her side without bothering her arm. This must have been much more comfortable because then she slept until morning about 7:30.
I think she probably slept better than I did. I was so worried about her I couldn't hardly sleep. I know everything is going to fine though.

And now while Daddy and Titus are at church we are just hanging out watching Veggietales on netflix =)


I guess that wasn't exactly a short update=) Please keep praying. And thank you for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment