I got Lillie a hat crocheted yesterday! I thought it turned out very cute! Pictures don't always show it very well. I was so excited about this one because I actually won this pattern for free! It is always exciting to win a giveaway! Thank you to Speckled Frog Boutique!
Lillie wore the hat to school today. I told her she had to take it off when she got into her classroom. She was insistent that she could wear it all day because, "That's what Gracie does with her hat." She is always telling us funny things that Gracie has done. I think Titus even has a little crush on her from everything Lillie tells us and he hasn't even met her. Hehe!And Lillie showed us a trick where you "take your eyeballs out, pop them in your mouth, and then put them back in." (She closes her eyes, pretends to put something in her mouth, sticks her tongue in her cheek and then pretends to put them back and opens her eyes. Ta-Da.) I asked her where on earth did she learn that? Her response: From Gracie.
Gracie sounds like a fun little girl and Lillie seems to be making fast friends with her! I wonder what Lillie will learn next!?
Actually Lillie's little mind is just a sponge. She is saying new things everyday that she is learning in her classroom. She has different work stations to do and so many other things! Like P.E. and music. I am surprised by how much she is soaking up already! And it has only been 2 1/2 weeks! I am so proud of her!
Cute hat! Winning a pattern would do me absolutely zero good. :)Lillie is so pretty! Glad she's loving school! Today when I picked up S, her teacher said that she "came out of her shell" at recess and organized all the girls to play together...I guess a look of terror crossed my face because the teacher hastily reassured me "it was good!" and that the outnumbered girls needed to find each other anyway, and S was their leader. Hope they liked being bossed around.
ReplyDeleteOh, Kendra! You did great with your hat! It is so cute.
ReplyDeleteThe throw pattern was actually not hard at all. If you can follow a pattern for the hat, you could easily do the throw. I think it's just the lacy-ness of it that makes it look intricate.