Saturday, September 18, 2010

Growing

My fun lovin' little girl. She is just growing up so fast. She is absolutely loving school. Every day she has so many fun things to tell me about. An when she prays she almost always thanks Jesus that she gets to go to school. How sweet is that. And AWANA has started so she is enjoying that. She gets to be down in Sparks with me this year. We have had 2 nights so far. The first night, every time I would catch a glimpse of her downstairs with the K-2nd graders, my heart would just kind of jump a little. I just couldn't hardly believe that she was old enough to be down there with us. Since I'm director I didn't have much chance to think too much about it that evening. I kind of had to push it out of my mind that my baby girl is growing up. We have a very large group of kids this year! The first night we had 25, I think and last night we had 27. For our church, that is a lot of kids! We are very thankful we can have this ministry and are so excited for these kids coming! Also, this is the first year for Titus to be in Cubbies. He loves it and he thinks he has to go into his class by himself. On the way home last night Lillie told him that she would take him to class next week and he immediately hollered, "NO!! I can do it myself."


He isn't being able to quite get the verses as easily as Lillie did. Partly because he doesn't articulate very well. But he will get things mixed together or put two totally different thoughts together. If he hears the verse enough times and we really work with him, then he can get it. It is just going to take a little longer than his sis.
And speaking of Titus not speaking well =) I have the process started to get him into some speech therapy. Hopefully he'll be able to learn some things to help him pronounce his sounds better. Right now he can't say the letters, S, L, Z, J, F, TH, R, SH and probably some more that I am not thinking of at the moment.

So needless to say his Cubbies teachers probably can't understand a lot of what he is saying. At home we can, for the most part, figure out what he is saying. But even sometimes we can't understand something until he puts it into context for us. And it sure is cute how he says some things but I think it is probably time he is able to speak better. He'll be 4 in January. Anyway, we love him the way he is, even if he doesn't speak well=)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture of you and Lillie! I can't believe how BIG she's gotten!

    ReplyDelete