Saturday, April 24, 2010

Garden Planting

Last year we didn't really have much of a garden. Just a few rows of sweet corn and that was pretty much it. Since I had a newborn last year, I knew that I wouldn't really get out there much to help with it. Not that I do that much anyway...

But the kids think it is the greatest thing, helping with the garden. Matt's grandparents always had a big garden and we always liked getting some of the fresh produce from it. So this year we will have a few more things. Not a ton, but some. So far we have planted: onions, potatoes, green beans, corn, and carrots. And then there is also asparagus and rhubarb in the garden as well. Those both come back by themselves and were left by Grandpas. Bonus! =)

Matt had the kids put the green bean seeds down in the trench. They thought it was so cool that they got to do it themselves. Matt broke a little stick to show them what the length between the seeds should be. In the picture below you can see the little stick in Lillie's row by her hand. But you'll also notice Titus didn't want to be slowed down by measuring with a stick....Matt is moving some of Titus's seeds=)

By the end of the second row the kids were done though. I guess it wore them out. Poor babies=)

But they did a good job and even Zethan thoroughly enjoys being in the garden. He was just sitting over in the dirt playing and playing. I didn't get a good picture of it though since it was getting dark.

I am so glad that my kids like to help out, at least in the garden. I think it makes them feel important because they LOVE their Daddy. And Lillie likes to turn the water on and move the hose around. Lillie said once that she HAD to go water the garden for Daddy because he needed her to.

When things start growing some more I'll have to take some more pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Do you have any extra asparagus that you would sell to me?

    Cleta
    799-2814

    ReplyDelete