Monday, April 6, 2009

Here comes the Bride!

This past Saturday was quite an eventful day! Matt's sister Natalie got married to Garrett Klaassen! It was a super fun day for everyone! We all got to get dressed up and be fancy for the day! Lillie along with Garrett's niece were the flower girls and Titus along with Garrett's nephew were the ring bearers. They were all so cute dressed up in their suits and dresses. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out hardly at all so I only have a select few pictures=( Hopefully I'll be able to get some more from some friends!
It was such a great day for the wedding! The weather was warm, even if it was windy, thanks Kansas=) The church was decorated so pretty and the gym was made over for the perfect reception. Instead of the usual wedding cake she had candy/dessert tables. One table was pink and one table was white. Each with the candy and desserts being, of course, either pink or white! So much fun! They had to do a lot of searching to find candy in specific colors! But it turned out wonderfully!

Here is Titus in his suit with little blue tie on. He was just too cute! I didn't even have a picture of Lillie in her dress, so I guess I'll have to post again when I have a picture of her!

Here I am trying to get some food in before we have to go take pictures!

I was really hoping to get more pictures but it was kind of crazy trying to get ready and get Lillie's hair done and dress on and make sure Titus had the right color of vest and tie on and keeping them from getting food all over their nice clothes and keeping them from running off. Especially Titus likes to run off to wherever he pleases=)
The wedding started at 1:00 but we were doing pictures of course before then so the little kids were all getting pretty tired. Titus didn't want to walk with the other kids when they came in so we bribed him with wedding mints! I think they are his favorite candy now! Him and Lillie and and the other flower girl and ring bearer all did really good walking in and going right to their spot. They had a piece of tape where they were supposed to stand. During the first prayer I gave Titus some smarties to keep him occupied but then Lillie wanted them to so she took some of Titus's and that made him start crying so Daddy had to come to the rescue! Titus didn't last very long! And Lillie kept moving around. Standing by me, standing on the step, sitting on the step, sitting with Grandma. But Sophie and Aiden, the other kids sat perfect the entire time! I should have bribed Lillie and Titus with whatever their mom did=)

All in all it really came together well! Congratulations Garrett and Natalie!

No comments:

Post a Comment