We are just waiting and waiting for this labor thing to get started but it doesn’t seem like our baby wants to come out any time soon. He is perfectly content in there. My official due date is tomorrow so we’ll see what happens. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and I was dilated to about a 2 ½. But still no labor so he scheduled me to be induced on Tuesday, April 21 if I don’t go into labor before then. I’m getting pretty anxious and with each contraction or Braxton hick, I am always wondering, is it happening?!?
I know that Matt is getting pretty anxious about the arrival of number 3 as well! I know I couldn’t ask for a better partner in helping me give birth! He has done so absolutely fantastic with the first two! He keeps me focused and does all the breathing with me so I don’t forget=) I know I couldn’t do it without him. He is almost as wiped out as I am by the time it’s over. Almost=)
Lillie was born almost a week late. That was also a scheduled induction since she didn’t seem to want to be born either=) We got to the hospital early that morning and they started the pitocin drip at around 9:00 in the morning. The contractions weren’t too bad until after 12:00 noon. Then they started to get more intense. It was time to push around 5:00. She was born at Wesley Medical Center on March 17, 2005 at about 5:35pm. Her birthday is St. Patricks Day!
Titus was born 2 days early. My water broke an hour or so before midnight but not really any contractions. We went ahead and went to the Wesley Birth Care Center and were admitted since my water had broke. I walked up and down the halls seemingly for hours and hours trying to get things moving along but the contractions weren’t really becoming very regular so they went ahead and started me on Pitocin to get the contractions going better. Once they got going they really got going though, and the nurse didn’t really even have time to call the doctor to tell him it was time to deliver! My nurse, who was absolutely great, is the one who actually delivered Titus! He was born on January 29, 2007 at about 10:15 am. And his birthday is Kansas Day!
So now, I am wondering what the story will be for this little one. We are planning on having him at the Wesley Birth Care Center which is across the street from the main Wesley hospital. I am ready to have him but I also know that once the contractions really get going I am going to be thinking ‘Wait, wait, wait, maybe another day’ =)
So now back to just waiting…
For some reason Lillie and Titus both thought they needed to sit on my lap to watch their movie. There isn’t much room left! They are both excited for a new baby brother. Well, Titus doesn’t really understand but Lillie is very excited. She’s going to be a great help!
No comments:
Post a Comment