We had another appointment with the oncologist last Thursday morning. It was just a short little check up. He felt around on his stomach to make sure that he couldn't feel the tumor. Which he could not, and it all felt normal to him.
He also went over the urine test results with us. They came back completely normal, and he said that was a very good sign.
We will take Simon in for a sonogram on Tuesday afternoon. Then we should hear results from that the next afternoon. I the tumor has grown we will have another sono in 3-4 weeks. If it is stable or has shrunk then he said we would wait a little longer in between sonograms.
The doctor said that watching Simon will be able to tell us as much as anything if the tumor starts to grow/cause problems. He is doing so well right now, that if his eating or his diapers or overall behavior changes we should have a good idea that something is going on.
We are thankful for the good report so far! We know that God hears our prayers and we know that so so many people all over the US and overseas are praying for our sweet baby.
Simon Matthew. Simon means "he who has heard" or "he hears [Gods Word]". Matthew means "gift of God". We are trusting God that He has heard our prayers and we are thanking Him for this precious gift He has given to us. And we continue to pray that Simon will grow up strong and healthy and will be able to not only hear God's Word but that he will take it to heart and God will use him and do something amazing through him and that he will truly be a gift of God to many many people. Little Simon has already blessed us so much in these 4 1/2 weeks that he has been here.
He just fits so well right into our family! I think that I really like the age difference between Zethan and Simon. It is about 3 1/2 years and it seems to be much easier handling a newborn with a 3 year old rather than a 2 year old! I do like how close in age the older kids are now that they are a little older but having a newborn seems to be easier when I don't have a toddler that needs a bit more hands on help as well. But part of that is also, just how good of a baby he is. I just can not believe how good he is. I will get a rude awaking if he ever decides he wants to be a cranky baby. He is even only waking up once or twice a night! If I can time it right and get a feeding in around 9:30 or so, then he will only wake up once somewhere between 2-4 and then not again until around 8. He is up for an hour or more though when he does wake up-trying to get all the burps out. But I don't think any of the others were ever even close to doing that by a month old! Thank you Lord!!
Each one of our children have been and are a blessing. But with Simon possibly having such big problems- no one ever wants to hear that their child has cancer, no matter if it is life threatening or not- it just has made us that much more thankful and grateful to have him. I will just sit and hold him and stare at him and just am so amazed by him. And to think that he has a tumor is just so unreal. He seems so perfectly healthy-and maybe he his! But if I even let me mind start to wander into the what if's and the possibilities and all the emotions that the possibility of surgery one day brings- well, I just try not to let my mind wander much.
love the updates. Still praying for you all!
ReplyDelete