We just got home from a Tablerock vacation last night and I have lots of pictures to post! But I wanted to post these first. Because it was pretty much awesome =)
Matt and I went cliff jumping. And yes, I am holding my nose and yes I am screaming like a little girl. The whole way down! But it was so high up there! I just couldn't help but scream! That feeling of free falling like that is crazy! And you drop so quickly!Matt's Uncle Gary took us over to the cliffs in his boat and then the kids stayed in the boat with him while we climbed up there. Zethan was pretty nervous for us. And Lillie started to come with us and I asked her if she was going to jump too and she said she was. Then I pointed up the where we were going and asked her again, and then she said, "No way, not from up there!" (I would not have let her anyway had she wanted to-maybe when she is a little bigger)
It was definitely over 30 feet high up there! I'm not sure I would have gone through with it if Matt wasn't up there with me. It looks high from the boat but then when you get up there and look down! Oh man! But Tablerock Lake is so deep that there wasn't really too much to worry about. The boat had a depth reader on it and it was, if I remember right, about 50 or 60 feet deep where we jumped. But then it just drastically gets deeper and deeper towards the middle of the lake. Well over 100 feet deep!
Matt went up for a second jump. I didn't get a very good picture of him though. I think I am in need of a nice camera. I got the picture up above and then the soonest I could get another picture is the splash in the picture below!
Oh well! I guess we'll just have to do it again next time we are there! And next time I will be keeping my legs straight as I go into the water!
Wow! I'm impressed. I've never been brave enough to go cliff jumping.
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog look!
You are amazing. I can't believe you jumped from that high of a cliff!! It took all I had to myself jump off one that was probably less than half that. ha! I love the picture of your jump!!
ReplyDelete*make* myself
ReplyDeleteAwe that's so awesome! We used to do that every summer with all the Veer uncles - did Uncle G show you the rope swing? Maybe it's long gone by now, but I remember being so terrified - you are so brave! I don't think I would have the guts to do it at all today! did you make Uncle Gary jump off it again?! :D
ReplyDelete