Lillie had her scheduled one week check-up with the surgeon today. It went well. Other than we were scheduled towards the end of the day so I guess they had gotten behind a bit. We were there for 2 hours. But the X-ray showed a little new growth so that was good! And she got to get a new cast! The first one was really loose because the swelling went down. The doctor's words were, "Oh, that's a bit wobbly, huh?"
So Lillie got to pick out a color since it was an office visit. She thought that pink was pretty sweet. It is very HOT pink=) When they took the old cast off, her arm was still bruised and around where it broke was still a little swollen. I'm sure by the time these next weeks go by it will be as good as new=) In 2 weeks she will get another new cast that doesn't go as far up her arm.
She is doing really well with the cast and she has not complained about it at all. I thought maybe she would get really annoyed with it but so far so good.
We are thankful that her arm is healing!
Kids are so easy going it is crazy. When Lo broke her arm they only casted it below the elbow and it fell off, so we got to go back and get the over the elbow one and she never complained!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Lillie is doing well. I think it is harder on us as parents than them!