Monday, June 21, 2010

Fishing with the Dads

All my siblings and our families all got together for supper at our oldest sister's house. They have a really neat creek running through their pasture that has the perfect "kid fishing" spots. Kid fishing as in, you catch lots of fish but they don't amount to much=)

Everet is especially fond of fishing. He can hardly contain himself. "We, we, we we goin' fishin'!"

This is probably Lillie's first fishing adventure that she remembers so she was pretty excited!

Matt and Z are all ready to hit the creek! The fish aren't gonna know what hit 'em =)

There's my mom and dad squished into the back of the pick-up.

And of course Tidy made it out the pasture without any shoes, and he was worried about "poky-thingys". So he got a ride on Grammy's back. But after awhile he wanted down cuz "Grammy's back too sweaty".

Matt's first catch of the evening. It was a giant.

Then he caught this even tinier guy. It was so small! And it didn't even swallow the hook, it just got side swiped by it! Ha!

Grammy, along with Mallory and a couple of the babies. Everet came over once and asked, "Why, why why are all the mommas and babies sitting up there?"

Well, Everet, you see, we were the smart ones. Away from the dozens of ticks the other collectively got off of them and away from the many poison ivy plants we could see from our perch in the bed of the pick-up. And away from the chiggers that know how to dig into your socks and shoes. Matt literally ran into the house to wash his feet off when we got home because they were burning from the chiggers! I've never seen him get out of the vehicle and into the house so fast!

There's my dad helping my brother Kobe get the fish off the hook. Those little suckers were hard to hold on to. Well, at least they looked hard to hold on to. I didn't actually try=)

We actually made it through the whole adventure without anyone getting a hook caught somewhere painful. I would say no one got a hook caught where it shouldn't be, but there were several times I heard conversations such as this, (while the person holding the rod it trying to reel it in):
"Oh, did you catch a fish!?"
"No, but I caught a tree."
"Well, just keep yankin'"

Ah, what great memories! It was quite fun actually. All the dads got to do what they do best, have fun with their kiddos!

Thanks for being a wonderful dad, dad! I know you don't read this, but you are a great dad and I am so proud to be able to say you are my dad! Thank you for all that you have done for me. And thank you for showing us what a father's love should look like! I love you!

And Matthew, thank you for being a wonderful dad to our kids! They adore you and look up to you so much! They just can't get enough of your attention, thank you for giving it to them! And I am so proud to have you as the daddy to our kids! Thank you! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment