First thing this morning, Matt is planting his field just across the road from us. Of course the kids spot him right away. So instead of just hopping on the four wheeler we decided to hop on our bikes. Well, Lillie hopped on her bike, Titus hopped on his big wheeled trike, I plopped Zethan into the bike trailer, then I hopped on my bike=)
We rode the short little quarter mile (and that might be stretching it) to the field. Lillie decides she is too girly to ride in the tractor so Titus gets to ride by himself with Daddy. We wait at the field for a little while, then Titus is done, but Zethan sees the tractor and goes crazy trying to get to it. He does not like it when I take him away. So I put him back into the trailer and the kids get their rides.
I need Garrett to help me with something on the computer so we decide to ride our bikes there. It is maybe about a mile and a half. Not bad.
We stop at Grandpa and Grandma Stucky's house for a few minutes. Then head to Nat and G's. He fixes whatever I messed up and we decide to head home. Before we even get out of town Titus says his bottom is hurting. Those pesky bike seats=) So we leave his trike at Grandpa Stucky's and he sits by Zethan in the bike trailer. But he decides it is too crowded so he wants to walk. We aren't going very fast anyway. So he walks. We are having to stop every few feet because Lillie's little legs are hurting and her face is beet red. By this time it is around 11. Pretty warm already. We make it up the incline in the road and then get to coast down a little bit, but then another incline comes along. Titus gets tired of walking but Zethan has fallen asleep and is taking up both seats. So Titus sits on the outside frame of the bike trailer.
Then Lillie just can't pedal another inch so she wants to walk. So I put her bike up on top of the bike trailer with Zethan inside the trailer sleeping and Titus sitting on the outside holding on. So we get a little farther and they are doing okay. But man, it is hot out there!
Then Nat and G drive up. They are on their way to our house to help with the wireless router I messed up too. They take Titus and Lillie with them and I am left to haul a sleeping baby and a little girl's bike home. I made it. Up the hill, I mean incline. Eventually. I should really be in better shape. The end.
Oh wait not the end, now we need to get Daddy's lunch packed for him so we can take it to him in the field. Wait for Zethan to wake up (no I did not leave him in the trailer this whole time). Get the kids out to the Tahoe. (We are not riding our bikes to the field this time.) Give Daddy his lunch. Titus wants to ride again. But I was planning on going shopping with Natalie so I won't be there to get him when he is done riding after 30 minutes. Matt said, Nah, he'll be fine. Sweet!
Go pick Natalie up, go to JoAnn's, go to Michael's, get snow cones, go to Target, listen to Matt's message from when I missed his call-
"Hey can you come to such and such field that is so many mile this direction then this number of miles this way. I need you to pick me and Titus up."
Okay, sure.
Drive home through a few sprinkles, drop Natalie off, go drop off the cold groceries, go find the field.
Pick 'em up, come back home, eat some popsicles, and R-E-L-A-X!
Oh, I just see Grandpa Stucky bringing Titus's trike in their pick-up! Buh-Bye!
wow-weee, whew! i am a little exhausted just reading this... ha! :) what a fun day... we really need a snow cone hut HERE, I could use another one :D
ReplyDelete