Thursday, August 6, 2009

Climbing

Last week I was in El Dorado and thought it would be fun to roller blade at the bike paths at El Dorado Lake. Tiff came along for fun! I didn't actually get any pictures of us on the roller blades because I was too busy trying to balance and push the jogging stroller and keep track of Lillie and Titus. Good thing Tiff came! We roller bladed for a while and the kids just had to walk since they don't know how to roller blade so they got real tired of that real quick so it was a short little adventure. It was pretty fun though. Tiff had to wear roller blades that were way to big on her though. I had bought some on clearance for like $5 or $10 that would fit Matt. Ha! Like I would ever get him to even put them on. But it was a nice thought that that would be something we could do together=) And both mine and the ones Tiff wore were just cheapy ones so we decided that if this were to become a regular thing we would need better roller blades. Or maybe we (I) just need to work out more=) I used to roller blade ALL the time when I was little. I wonder what happened=)

After we were done roller blading I told the kids we could climb up the dam and see what was on the other side. I sternly warned them though that if they decide to climb up the dam we were NOT going to carry them. They actually did pretty good=)
Here is Tiff, Lillie and Titus going up the little path. Not really sure why there is a path?? Oh well! And in true Tidy fashion, it is easier to walk without shoes.

And the view at the top. For being El Dorado lake it was actually pretty cool looking out at all the water. Lillie said "Wow, this is bigger than Tablerock." If only she knew=)


And here is a view of the path we just came up. You can see our little Tahoe way out in the distance=) That sidewalk path on the left of our Tahoe is the bike path.

Haha! And here is a view of what I looked like=) And cute little Zethan in his sun hat. He much preferred that baby carrier to the jogging stroller actually.

And the trip back down the big hill. A LOT easier going down than up, let me tell you=)

It was lots of fun getting out and doing something. This was on one of those days recently that had been really nice and cool in the morning! It was great. Now we are back to the HOT days of August so I guess we probably won't be climbing anymore dams for awhile=) Or roller blading=)

No comments:

Post a Comment