Sunday, March 22, 2009

Biscuits & Gravy & Aprons

Tonight for supper Matt thought biscuits and gravy sounded good so... Lillie and I started in on making biscuits from scratch and stirring up some yummy sausage gravy. We like to have home made biscuits whenever we can. They just aren't the same popped open from a can. Some frozen varieties are okay but still not the same. Although they are much more convenient=) I got this particular recipe-using butter not shortening- from a lady in our Sunday school class that we used to go to. We all took turns bringing breakfast to class and her biscuits we always the best! So I had to get the recipe! They are great!

Lillie always loves to help me 'cook' whenever she can so this was the perfect time to try out our matching aprons! She was so excited to be able to actually get to help me while wearing it instead of just pretend cooking.Here is Lillie helping cut out the biscuits!


This is Lillie and me with our matching aprons. Mine still fits but... it it will fit much better in about a month or so=)


And here is Lillie helping to stir the gravy. I think this is the first time that she has actually gotten to stir something 'hot' on the stove so she felt pretty grown up. I probably should have helped her a little more though b/c the gravy got way too thick and I had to add more milk and it just ended up being lumpy. Oh well!!

We had lots of fun making supper tonight! I wonder what we'll think up for tomorrow?!?


2 comments:

  1. What? No recipe? I think you ought to post that biscuit recipe! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good!!.
    I love your aprons

    ReplyDelete