
Today of course is Valentine's Day! It has always been one of my favorite holidays! In elementary school, the class parties with all the goodies and candies and cards was so much fun! Making the cards for all my classmates and picking out exactly which candy or toy would go with which person. So fun!
Now that I am 'all grown up' one would think that maybe making Valentine's cards would be a thing of the past....think again! My little daughter Lillie loves making 'crafty' things with me so....off to Wal-Mart we went yesterday to get supplies! We got construction paper, tape, glue sticks, markers and of course Martha Stewart punches to make pretty designs!
We got home, put little brother to bed for a nap and got started! I cut out the hearts of all sizes and colors and she glued them however she liked to a paper. She was having so much fun and kept saying "This is going to be the best Valentines' Day EVER"! When she was done gluing them to the paper she would tell me where to write 'Happy Valentines' Day', 'I Love you', and who it was to and of course that is was from Lillie! I think I was having just as much fun as she was! Lillie got a little glue happy though and used up 2 whole glue sticks in the process! I guess the hearts won't be falling off any time soon=) And Daddy even got in on the action for a little while! He cut out circles from my new "perfect circle cutter" courtesy of Martha Stewart. I knew a new gadget would get him intrigued=) It really is pretty neat!
We all had lots of fun and now today we get to deliver them! I'm sure everyone will be so happy to receive their very own handmade Valentine!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment