We have started school this week! Our family has chosen to do school at home this year! I've got a 4th grader, 2nd grader and a Kindergartener. We are using the Dew Learning curriculum. It is ipad/computer based and keeps track of each lesson and will keep us on schedule! If need be, the 2 younger grades have a play button on each paragraph so they *could* do the subject on their own. So far, though I've mostly been reading and explaining things to them and to Lillie too.
I still need to order some books that are used in the curriculum but will probably do that from Amazon as we need them. The library has some that we can use so that is nice! Just need to plan ahead of when we need them and hope they are available!

We set up our classroom in the unfinished part of our upstairs. Eventually it will be finished out but for now, it is what it is. Not too pretty, but I put up a few things to make it look a little cutesy.
And of course, Simon has to have some toys to keep him busy and out of the kids' desks. But he will go to each of their desks and try to claim it as his own, so I'm thinking he needs his own...
I found each of the kids' desks at garage sales for $5 each! Then I already had the big teacher desk, just painted it white.
It was fun getting new supplies! =)We bought the Dew learning during a promotion and got a big Staples gift card so that was fun!
And I found an awesome blogger who is also a homeschool mom, who makes super cute printables! So I put up a few of those!
We shall see how this school year goes. We will get into the habit and schedule of things more as we go along I am sure. Zethan is still a little flighty and off the wall unless I am actually right next to him instructing him. He can't sit still or keep his hands still for more than a minute =/ Lillie misses her friends from school but we are doing what is best for our family as a whole at this stage! So we will make the best of it and have a good time doing it!




No comments:
Post a Comment