Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Bump





Hmm, been a little while since I updated this little blog here! Oops! Well, there have been lots of things going on. Like finishing up Lillie's homeschooling, or what was left of our homeschooling =) Farming. Gardening. Growing a baby. Etc.


Anyway, thought I would jump back into blogging by doing a Pregnancy Update!


How many weeks: 28 weeks


Baby Gender: Boy! 


Something new this go around: Hip pain. Strange. And annoying. It is mostly when I am lying down. You know, like when I am trying to sleep. And you all know how great a pregnant lady's sleep is anyway..


Something funny: Zethan and Titus get a kick out of my belly button sticking out. They can see it through my shirt and they just think it is so funny and will try to lift my shirt up to show everyone how funny it looks.


Also, again with Zethan, I was carrying him up the stairs to his bed and all of the sudden he said "Oh no, I'm squashing the baby, put me down, put me down." 


More Zethan hilarity: I had a doctors appointment and my sis-in-law Natalie stayed out in the car with the kids, since usually the appointments are pretty speedy. This time took a little longer b/c they were short staffed, but Natalie said that when I was walking back to the car Zethan says, " Well. I guess the baby didn't come out yet."


And just yesterday, to Natalie again, Zethan asks her, "Have you seen mommy's huge belly!? Its so funny."


Oh that boy.


Something annoying: My short sleeve shirts I bought at Target just for this pregnancy are already too short. They ride up and show off my awesome maternity shorts. And my funny belly button =)


Something great: I discovered the shirts from JcPenny. They are nice and looooong! Just what I need.


Something sweet: Zethan wants to share his bed when the baby "comes out of my tummy". First it was just sharing his room and the baby had his own bed. But now he has moved onto wanting to actually share his bed as well.


Name ideas: We still are not convinced of any particular name- just a few names that are okay. We would like a Bible name since all the others are, but can't quite find that perfect one.


Doctor's appointment: Next week. And then I'll start the every two week pattern. Every four weeks was already feeling like I was going to the doctor all the time. Now it is just going to be ridiculous!


Looking forward to: Hopefully squeezing in a little family vacation before this little guy arrives!


Sewing projects to do: Pack n Play sheets, Nursing cover and maybe a few other things


Energy: Actually have had more energy lately so that is nice. But sometimes this big belly just seems to be in the way and I can't get everything done that I would like to. Like Matt had to be the one to climb the ladder and pick all the yummy apricots. But at least then I had the energy to make 34 jars of jam and 8 ziploc gallon size bags of frozen apricots to be made into yummy pies! And thankfully, the heat hasn't seemed to bother me much or at all really. Of course I mostly stay in the air conditioning. But whatever =)

Something interesting: If I go to town just by myself or with just one kid with me, people will almost always say or ask something about the new baby. When I am out and about with all three kids and my pregnant self, no one says anything about it. Just interesting, and I am not sure why that is. 


Can't think of much else to add right now. Anything else you would like to know??

No comments:

Post a Comment